To all my Trump-hating, Trump-fearing friends: Look, I know how satisfying, delicious, and yes, even entertaining it is to see Trump getting what he deserves.
BUT, please, please do NOT let this sideshow distract you from the far more important damage being done by the Republicans in Congress and in local governments to our country and tens of millions of people--- women, poor people, immigrants (including those who are here completely legally), people of color, Muslims and people who might "look like" Muslims, the middle-class, consumers, union members, pensioners, people on fixed incomes, and, of course, all of us who live in this country and around the world.
Please put your time, energy, and emotions into real and effective efforts to address these clear and present dangers:
1. CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
If they are on the right side of an issues, thank them for all they're doing and urge them on to do more; if they're on the wrong side, tell them we're watching and will hold them accountable at the ballot box.
2. RESPOND TO ALL THOSE EMAILS FROM THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
That means the DNC, DCCC and all the other Ds, as well as their disguises as ANTI-REPUBLICAN or ANTI-TRUMP NEWS FLASHES or PETITIONS or INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES (including ones you might really like such as Elizabeth Warren or Al Franken who aren't even running now) or SUBGROUPS or phony POLLS), telling them to STOP asking you for MONEY, MONEY, MONEY and instead SHOW US IN WORDS AND DEEDS how they're going to:
- stop what the Republicans are doing
- back strong progressive candidates
- and get rid of the centrist cronies whose actions have brought us President Trump, a Republican majority in the Senate, continued lopsided majority in the House, and additional losses at all levels of state and local government.
3. RIGHT NOW, CALL THE OFFICES OF REPUBLICANS WORKING ON THE STEALTH HEALTHCARE BILL THAT THEY ARE WORKING TO PASS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WITHOUT HEARINGS!!!!!
the names and contact info of the Republican senatorial aides who are working on the health care bill that is being stealth missled to a vote.
Finally, just so you understand how distracting the focus on Trump is:
JUST TRY TO FIND AN ARTICLE ON THE WEB
... about all the damage being done by Republicans at any and all levels of government. However many articles may be out there (and I doubt there are many) are being totally buried by TRUMP articles in the search engines of the web.
SO, LET'S START FINDING AND SHARING THESE ARTICLES FOR ALL TO SEE AND READ